Christian Educational Programs From Internet Bible College
Any ten recognised subjects satisfactorily completed earns a Vision Christian College award from a Certificate in Biblical Studies to a Diploma of Biblical Theology (4 levels of recognition). We offer:
“Recognised” or non-accredited means that there is no formal accreditation attached to the awards. However, they are recognised by most denominations and mission groups for ministry training.
Any student who completes the full Walking with Jesus programme articulates into Vision Colleges with 60 Credits advanced Standing on presentation of their certificate.
Any student who completes the Diploma of Biblical Studies can enter the Bachelor’s Completion program.
Download our booklet: Introducing Vision Christian College.
What are Recognised Studies?
Vision Christian Colleges has been at the forefront of Christian ministry training since 1974, when the colleges began in Launceston, Tasmania.
Like many Bible colleges Vision Christian College is not accredited and does not seek accreditation from a national accrediting agency, however these “non-accredited studies are recognised for ministry training, personal or professional development by many churches, denominations, and mission organisations.
For accredited studies we refer you to our study options with our accredited options Vision International College
Why Choose Recognised Studies?
The Recognised Studies program is ideal for anyone who is seeking to know God’s word and develop a relationship with Him. At the same time, some denominations insist on accredited studies; many do not and accept the Vision Colleges Recognised Study programs for Ministry training.
- You are seeking Biblical, Christian, theological, or related studies.
- You want to develop your knowledge of the Bible to strengthen your ministry.
- You want studies with a Pentecostal/Charismatic influence.
- You are seeking Biblical Theology.
- You want to be a better Christian.
- You do not require or are not eligible for Austudy, Abstudy or Youth Allowance support.
- You do not require recognition for further study in TAFE or University.
- You are seeking further studies to enhance your ministry in the word of God.
- You wish to study the word of God and want to receive an award from a recognised program.
- You are seeking to prepare yourself for ministry.
- You are involved in your church and need a better understanding of the word.
- You want to be a workman that is not ashamed.
- You want a better understanding of the Bible.
Study earnestly to present yourself approved to God,
a workman that does not need to be ashamed,
rightly dividing the Word of Truth.
2 Timothy 2:15
About The Recognised Studies Program
The recognised studies program uses a “Credit Points” system of study rather than a fixed curriculum. Each subject completed at a passing grade is worth three credits allowing each topic in the Bible College program to be applied to any level of study from Certificate to Diploma of Theology.
Our method allows students to self-select subjects, control their study program, and tailor it to meet their ministry/learning needs rather than the College dictating a set curriculum to determine what they will study.
The only condition we apply is changing streams each time you select a new subject. This requirement enhances the depth and breadth of study.
Having the freedom to select your study options enhances your incentive to study, giving you a greater sense of satisfaction while offering the opportunity to meet your specific and unique ministry needs. Therefore, we expect that your studies will be more relevant to your needs and enhance the enjoyment of your study program.
We will always be ready to assist any student who has difficulty selecting a subject when you cannot decide for yourself.
Each award requires 30 credits or ten subjects. Every subject completed successfully earns 3 study credits. Thus, for any ten subjects completed, you earn 30 study credits required for an award:
- Certificate in Biblical Studies = 30 credits (total credits = 30)
- Associate in Biblical Studies = 30 further credits (total credits = 60)
- Diploma of Ministry = 30 further credits (total credits = 90)
- Diploma of Theology = 30 further credits (total credits = 120)
Advanced Standing Options From Vision Colleges
There are two options for advanced standing in the Recognised Studies program. They are Recognition of prior learning or Ministry Experience. We offer advance standing because we do not believe you should start at the beginning just because you have joined our College. We recognise the value of other bible college courses and the benefit of learning from ministry experience. Vision Colleges offers advanced standing to a student who can:
- Provide evidence of prior studies with another college. We do not believe that you should start the beginning simply because you came to us. Before enrolment, a prospective student must provide us with an academic transcript from their previous Bible College; we will assess the transcript to recognise advanced standing, so you do not have to start again.
- We also offer Life (Ministry) Skills credit for ministry experience after the first two years of full-time ministry or after the first five years of part-time ministry. We recognise the value of ministry experience as a learning curve and are willing to consider it. The student must provide us with a verifiable CV of their ministry and two references. Vision Colleges will then assess the CV and offer advanced standing.
Study Streams For Christian Education
We believe that you will gain more benefit, pleasure, and motivation to study by taking control of your study program instead of fulfilling a set curriculum. Our unique program offers you a range of over 100 subjects separated into eight streams of study from which you can tailor your study program to meet your ministry needs. The stream’s name gives you a general idea of its application of the subject, and it is a generalisation to help you decide what you will study.